Number of Vacancy: 1
Job purpose: The incumbent will be expected:
• To plan, organize, and direct organization’s operations and programs
• To communicate UCEP Bangladesh’s strategic vision in a clear, engaging and exciting way to stakeholders and act as the interface between internal operations and external stakeholders.
• To undertake necessary and timely preparations for diversifications of UCEP Bangladesh’s scope of operations (for example, exploring potentialities of untapped sectors like agribusiness, introducing different courses, infrastructure development, review courses for job placement and entrepreneurship development considering market demands) in the context of contemporary realities like LDC Graduation of Bangladesh, Fourth Industrial Revolution, post Covid-19 reality etc.
• To have proven project management capability, organizational skills, a practiced understanding of accounting and financial systems along with vast affinity for technical education.
• To align UCEP Bangladesh’s strategic interests so that the organizational interests are duly reflected in the relevant country papers, policies like aligning with National Skill Development strategy, Digital Bangladesh Vision, Bangladesh Vision 2041, National Skills Development Policy, Education Policy etc. as well as organizational activities are programmed accordingly.
A) STRATEGIC: (50%)
• Enhancing of UCEP Bangladesh’s image by working closely with other professional, civic, government and private organizations.
• Taking the lead for, formulating and implementing strategic plans that guide the direction of the organization covering its existing as well as potential entities.
• Participating in the related events or programs that will enhance the organization's reputation and credibility.
• Creating a culture of transparency, commitment to excellence, accountability and effective communication throughout the organization.
• Developing positive relationships with key stakeholders like staff, BoG, donors, partner organizations, government agencies, Association, Welfare Trust, UCEP Ex-Student’s Alumni Association.
• Making organizational policy setting and decision-making processes are participatory, consensus oriented, accountable, transparent, and responsive, and follows the rule of law.
• Advising to develop or execute strategies to address issues such as energy use, resource conservation & mobilization, recycling, pollution reduction, waste elimination, transportation, education etc.
• Assisting in coordinating value management strategies like identifying organizational objectives; developing strategies, value drivers, action plans, setting targets, evaluating performances etc.
B) Operational: (30%)
Governance & Management: Provide advice and necessary guidance regarding:
• Governance and management issues that affect UCEP Bangladesh’s operations and management.
• Rendering all necessary support to the BoG as an ex officio member.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board/Association and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
• Responsible for signing relevant notes, contracts, MoUs, agreements, bonds and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization as authorized by the BoG and the Association.
• Providing necessary supports in BoG election/selection process, new board orientation, board meeting attendance and taking of official minutes.
• Responsible and accountable for due implementation of BoG decisions and update its members on all issues relating governance.
• Contribute to maintaining a bridging relationship between the BoG and other bodies like UCEP SMT.
• Strengthening collaborations with the concerned stakeholders like industries, ministries of the government etc.
Program & Innovations:
• Developing and implementing innovative and dynamic program initiatives so that the organizational interests and strategic objectives are addressed/served.
• Introducing new ideas, practices in order to ensure and facilitate strategic advantage of UCEP Bangladesh development programs over its competitors.
• Supervising to ensure constant adherence to and due diligence in project searching, designing and their implementations.
• Guiding team leaders to brace modern techniques and technologies in project management, evaluations etc.
• Guiding the backstopping team (BST) in determining and managing risks/weaknesses relating to programmatic aspects.
• Supervising formal reporting arrangements and status on program or project progress.
Finance & Accounts:
• Promoting and sustaining of sound and compliant financial management across the organization.
• Institutionalizing fiscal integrity across the organization.
• Ensuring adoption of appropriate measures and technologies in order to promote financial integrity and risk management.
• Coordinates and leads annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with operational and senior management for all locations
Strategy, Knowledge Management & Corporate Affairs
• Communicating UCEP Bangladesh’s knowledge management philosophies by articulating how utilization of data/information/knowledge can help achieve key objectives and goals.
• Supervising and assisting in the coordination efforts to mainstream knowledge management/strategy/learning into core activities and processes, including project/program management and new business development.
• Assisting and guiding Director, Strategy, Knowledge Management and Corporate Affairs and other team members in crafting, implementing and evolving strategic frameworks to help evolve UCEP Bangladesh’s culture to focus on learning and utilization of knowledge to achieve greater organizational impact.
• Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of sustainability programs and share the feedbacks to the relevant bodies as required and/or requested.
• Providing necessary inputs to various departments to incorporate sustainability practices and set their goals.
• Assisting in fundraising and developing/exploring other avenues of funding opportunities necessary to support UCEP Bangladesh’s mission.
• Developing and executing new resource mobilization strategies so that long term competitive sustainability of the organization can be fostered.
• Exploring existing and potential avenues for fund collection, partnership and strategic alliances.
Internal Control and Compliance
• Monitoring audit team’s activities and initiative especially related to risk assessment and annual planning.
• Proactively informing the BoG/Association/Finance & Accounts Committee of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
Legal & Statutory Affairs
• Providing admissible supports in necessary cases by representing the organization relating to legal and statutory affairs.
• Undertaking necessary consultations with relevant professionals for addressing any legal issues relating to UCEP Bangladesh and its entities.
• Driving business cases for capacity expansions in existing buildings, new buildings and real estate acquisitions as conditions/situations permit/demand.
• Leading the initiatives to ensure the legal rights/occupancy/ownership/absolute authority of UCEP Bangladesh over its assets/estates etc.
• Guiding the relevant teams to ensure due care/maintenance/disposal and documentation of all organization’s assets.
Recordkeeping and Documentation
• Contributing to promoting sound records systems/document management strategies across the organization so that all important documents are duly preserved, updated by concerned departments.
• Ensuring proper documentations and recordkeeping of all relevant papers/decisions esp. relating to BoG, Association.
• Maintaining strict confidentiality of information, documents and other internal and external communications.
C) People Management: (20%)
• Promoting and contributing to ongoing efforts towards gender equity & equality, child/staff protection & safeguard, inclusiveness, accessibility and discrimination free environment in the workplace and operations/activities/plans.
• Rendering necessary supports in conducting HR related issues like performance evaluation, service confirmations, employment contracts, development initiatives of relevant employees.
• Sitting with all departments on a routine basis so that everyone gets the window of opportunity to share their points with the top official of the organization.
• Assisting relevant team members in order to promote, cherish and retain high performing/potential employees.
Job Nature: Full Time (contractual)
S/he must hold at least post graduate level degree from a recognized educational institution.
S/he must have minimum of 20 years of experience in program management and implementation.
Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
Job Location: Dhaka
• Strong knowledge of ethics and compliance standards for non-profits. • Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to manage sensitive diplomatic and Government level negotiations on matters affecting UCEP Bangladesh’s country programmes. • Sound awareness of the political, social, economic and historic environment in which UCEP Bangladesh’s social devolvement programme such as Education, Skill, Decent Job placement and Social Inclusion the play significant contribution to poverty alleviation of Bangladesh at both national and community levels. • Strong leadership and management skills. • Required Competency:- Desire to accept ownership and accountability, whilst getting things done well and meeting challenging goals; ability to think ahead and decide on courses of action, ensuring that the resources required to implement the action will be available, and scheduling work required to achieve an end result; Innovation; Communication and Collaboration.
Application Last Date: 30/06/2021
Terms & Conditions:
Interested candidates should apply to http://career.ucepbd.org/ on or before June 30, 2021. Only short-listed candidates would be contacted and may be requested for more information. The authority reserves the right to accept/reject any or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Direct application to any UCEP Bangladesh staff, any communication in regard to the application or any attempt to influence the process will immediately disqualify candidacy. UCEP Bangladesh is actively trying to increase equity and gender parity in the organization. Therefore, qualified women and candidates from disadvantaged backgrounds including Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are especially encouraged to apply. The compulsory age of retirement is 60 years.